I don't think that Kim Trent from Knox Heritage brought all of the rain last night and today, but she sure experienced it when she visited the site today. I told Simon that we're at at least "Mud Level 7" on the site. It's insane now - just about out of control. Thankfully Augustino and his guys got the concrete poured for the basement yesterday before the rain really hit hard.
Cousin Mary made friends with Chris, Simon, Jake and Nate today by bringing over some warm blueberry scones this morning. Wow. I lucked into one too. They were pretty tasty….
Simon and Jake laid out the front porch this morning. It’s going to be small, fitting with the old one – about 9 feet deep and 14 feet wide.
I saw Chris and Nate working on the flooring for the upstairs bathroom. Neat tongue and groove plywood system that they are using; wish I had that when I was doing Habitat work. The windows have been moved up too. Wow. That all went pretty quick. I’m always in amazement.
The sign out front looks great! Saw a number of cars slow down to read it today.
Kevin - I am very impressed with this undertaking. My parents did something similar with the house I grew up in pre-Florida - I'd post a link, but comments doesn't allow it. :)
ReplyDelete