Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going up?

Things kept moving in an upward direction today. Chimney kept going up. Porch kept going up.

I like the "new" front porch. It's a tad different than the original one, but not much. It does open up the house a lot more. The living room should get a lot more light too.

Stone masons continue to do an incredible job. The core of the chimney is complete through the first floor. They're using new bricks and modern materials for the core, and then will put on a veneer using the old bricks. It looks great! We had a choice of trying to save the old one or rebuilding it. I think rebuilding this one was the right thing to do.

Tomorrow and Saturday the East Tennessee Draft Horse and Mule Association will be harvesting the oats in front of the field. We should get some nice pictures of that with the house being worked on in the background.

I uploaded a few videos into the Week 7 gallery today for those folks that want a more 3-D idea of what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment