Thursday, July 16, 2009

I can see it now

The walls have been framed up on the wine cellar. There's just at 6' of headroom in the cellar, so I expect that I'll end up bumping into a light fixture from time-to-time down there. But boy - it's huge. I can't wait!

Last night there was a heck of a thunderstorm that came through the farm. Fortunately no trees came down, but mud... well, it's back.

Had a surprise visit from my brother Steve and his wife Amy - bored in Nashville with nothing to do, so they dropped in for the afternoon. They met Simon, then a few minutes later met Chris. When Chris walked away, Amy asked "Didn't I just meet him?" I forgot to let them know about identical twins on the project...

A new soffit has been added to the wrap-around porch. Apparently they forgot that the kitchen would need a soffit too, so they framed up the kitchen wall flush with the porch soffit. When they went to add the soffit to the kitchen... no match. Oh well - it actually looks better with the new soffit, and that will give us room to work the porch columns into place, and a bit more flexibility with a screen.

Starting to look at colors for the metal roof; I'm tempted to get a green that's pretty similar to the existing asphalt shingles. Spent a few minutes thinking about some metal shake systems like this, but decided that they look too artificial - there isn't any irregularity in the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment