Lots of tile got laid this week - floor tile in the kitchen and tile in the showers.
Thursday morning all sorts of racket disturbed the neighborhood. I went over to the farm and found numerous pieces of railroad equipment in the process of replacing all of the railroad ties. It was a fascinating process to watch, and I managed to get some pictures and videos of it. That has to be the most organized operation I've seen in a while.
Jerry Price, who farms our other farm on the French Broad river, came by with his landscaping crew to seed the yard. I think it's pretty neat that straw from the French Broad farm is now covering the yard at the Murphy Farm.
Finally saw Simon and Jake onsite after being AWOL for several weeks, when the cabinets showed up on Thursday. Can't quite visualize what the cabinets look like yet, because they aren't installed and don't have doors or drawer fronts on them. I think they'll look pretty spectacular.
Now to just convince Simon to shave off the beard. He grew one during the first season of Blog Cabin (2007). From what I can find on the Internet, they had an online poll regarding his beard, and the results were a blowout encouraging him to shave it off. I told him that I'm not going to make him available for any press interviews until it's trimmed down. We'll see what happens with that. He's at two weeks and counting on the beard now. Not quite THIS bad, but.... Maybe it's time for a poll?Oh, and I'm try to take more and more photos with people in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment