I'm mega-impressed with the cabinets and vanities. They're not quite all in, but they look spectacular. I'm happy that we went with using different wood in each room; each piece has a different appeal to me.
The kitchen's cherry just... fits. Really well. There are some large pieces for the pantry and the two fridge alcoves. Black walnut in the downstairs bath goes well with the white subway tile and bright light in the room; it gives a nice contrast to it. I haven't seen the maple in the master bath yet, but the medicine cabinet for it came out very clean and solid. My favorite is the hall bath, which gets a vanity made of reclaimed pine (from the kitchen that was demolished). That vanity looks - well, just flipping great, and I like having a piece of the old house in the old bathroom area.
Plaster looks great painted. HVAC... no progress still on hooking up the heat pumps. Trim is sanded and wiped and ready for priming. Seems like things are coming together.
No comments:
Post a Comment