Saturday, September 19, 2009

Late post on happenings

Had a bit of computer trouble recently. A fair amount going on at the house.

1) The roof's finished. Gutters are installed. It took a couple of weeks to get used to, but I like the new roof now. The best part has got to be that this thing isn't going to leak or need replacing anytime soon. The chimney caps are a bit different; maybe the only thing I don't like, but it's a good start.

2) Did the final interior framing - built out the wall cavities upstairs on the sloped roof to accommodate thicker R-19 insulation. Installed blocking for cabinets and closets.

3) Shower pans and walls - DuraRock installed and shower pans formed for the two showers.

4) Insulation - started installing

5) Crawl space sealing - installing some plastic in an attempt to seal up the crawl space. Reversed a decision to insulate the walls of the crawl space and condition the whole thing. Instead going to try to seal it and pump some conditioned air down there, but really try to establish the insulation barrier on the floor joists. We'll see if this works. Definitely keeps some costs down.

6) I think I've got most of the tile, appliances and cabinets picked out. Still trying to get used to all that.

7) Steamed off the wallpaper in the dining room to expose the plaster underneath.

Now waiting on the glazing to dry on the windows before they can be painted and then installed back at the house.

I'll try to write some more detailed posts. In the meantime, check out the picture galleries on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment