Monday, September 28, 2009

Even the bank's getting into it

Wow. I wonder if I can talk them out of a couple of points on the loan?

Really nice article that they did.

I heard the windows were painted last week. Hopefully they'll be out this week. HVAC is supposed to get installed this week. Cabinet drawings are complete and ready to go. Tile has been chosen and will be ordered momentarily.

Insulation is finished. Wow. What a difference that will make to living in the old house. Maybe the heaters will be able to keep the interior above 42 degrees this winter! The subcontractor did a nice job with the insulation. I'm wondering a bit about all the loose stuff in the crawl space under the floor joists, but hope that if it stays dry down there, the insulation will stay in place and remain effective. It wasn't that much to insulate the crawlspace, so it can always be done better (i.e. more cost) later if needed.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article, Kevin. I'd like to see the houst in person someday. One question: what's an information security architect? Does that mean you design safes for important documents? Maybe libraries for old books?

    Kyle V

    ReplyDelete