Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Fridge is Back

Moving the old Frigidaire out of the house was a real bear. Over the 84 years it stayed in one place, it depressed the floor in the kitchen. The guys couldn't budge it on their own, and finally had to tear down the walls of the kitchen before lifting it out with the excavator. It spent two years in the garage before I shipped it down to Antique Appliances in northern Georgia for restoration.

This Tuesday it came back to its place in the house, and I now have a restored 1925 Frigidaire AP-7 in the kitchen. I didn't have the mechanical system put back into place; that would have doubled the cost of restoration. It looks amazing, and I'm sure the dog will appreciate that her dog food will be stored in an eighty-five year old appliance. Now if I could just figure out a place to put the old stove...

Pictures as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment