Thursday, November 18, 2010

2010 Knox Heritage Preservation - Knox County Mayor's Award

I'm going to toot my own horn for a bit. Last night Knox Heritage held their annual meeting where they present out Preservation Awards. I'm proud to say that the house was picked for the Knox County Mayor's award.

None of the amazing restoration project would have been possible without:

Randall De Ford - architect
Jake Burgette, Nate Helms, Chris Hodshon, Simon Hodshon - Clinch River Custom Builders
Ann Bennett - Knox MPC Historical Zoning
Dr. Charles Faulkner, Professor Emeritus, Archeology, University of Tennessee

and a long list of builders, subcontractors and others.

I also have to thank my extended family - family members that contributed interest, support, guidance and opinions (well, maybe a few too many opinions at times) and very importantly some that were willing to swap and trade land so that I could restore the house and live on the old farm.

Every time I turn into the driveway I hear the crunch of the gravel under the tires, look up at the old house and remember that I am finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment